Rewards for Purple chests

Do you have suggestions concerning the game?
Feel free to write it here.

Rewards for Purple chests

Postby Cetra » 12. Sep 2010, 18:21

Aside from the slim chance of finding an actual skill item that i need, there really is no fun in doing the maps anymore. The rewards just don't seem to be worth it unfortunately. I have completed COUNTLESS maps of all levels and the prize is always the same.. either a blue szepter or blue blueshirt. I don't even care what color the prize is, it would just be nice to find something different for a change like perhaps one of the newer lvl 20 weapons?? At best, there was a magenta szepter that sold for about 3.8k gold but i just cannot generate the interest to keep playing them over and over for false hopes. I guess on the upside it is a little better than relogging in every 5 minutes to kill returnedfiend and morak over and over again. I also noticed that i was getting the same prizes regardless if i did level 10 map or a level 30 map. It seems like the prize should be better for higher levels who can complete the higher level maps. Afterall, the bosses have 49k hp @ lvl 30 and can take a while to kill. We need incentive!! As it stands, its more beneficial to clear the 4 maps and exit before the boss to start a new map scroll just for the experience. The amount of time wasted kiling a boss is time that is better used towards gaining more exp from another map. Anyways ya.. players need incentive and i feel a more appropriate reward would be in order :)

I am also against any rumors that are being circulated of paying money to reset or change character skills. I have nothing against donating money to help towards the hard work and keeping the game going, but "Premium Features" are what ruin games and I will undoubtedly leave and take my friends with me if this happens. Players would not have to exert much effort into building a character because if they mess up they can just pay to fix it which i think is total crap. Characters should be forged with skill and careful planning. I have already made numerous characters that didnt go as planned and it was easy enough to start over and re-make the character in an improved fashion. This would induce laziness and eventually $$ would determine who is on top instead of the hard-working players who login everyday and stay dedicated to the game. Not only that, but where does it end? Would the next step be to charge $$ to re-allocate stat and actual skill points too? Or Paying money to have an item that gives improved chances on enchanting?? Or perhaps additional inventory space? When this happens, the game makes a transition into a category just like every other game out there on the net. I came here not just because it was free to play, but because i could spend all day on here playing and competing against others in a race for power and glory. This game is unique in it's own right and has so much potential. I would hate to see it ruined by money like every other game out there. If there is in fact a section for donations, that would be a much more appropriate and efficient way to keep the game going without runing it in the process. This is of course only my opinion as another gaming software developer. I have been around the scene for a very long time and have experienced the evolution of gaming in full, especially for online games. Sure games become popular and make alot of money, but also pay the price of losing alot of players because they do not have the money to stay in competition with the p2p people. Like i said, at that point social stature is based on money spent. If that amount of money is required to do well in a game then i would feel much better picking up a game off the shelf of a store for 20 bucks and never having to dump any further money in it to stay satisfied. I wish all the best for the future of Forgotten Elements. ;)
Cetra

Re: Rewards for Purple chests

Postby Gades » 12. Sep 2010, 18:50

Before more complaints, I told him about rumors I heard. Marlon stated he never planned a resetting option . And to clear the mess, those aren't supposed to be 'premium' features, just a way to get the nessesary money to keep the server running(you sure know there are plenty issues). Imagine marlon paying for the game server, the chat server and homepage (when there's thousands of players) on his own. Besides, resetting characters isn't a hard advantage to start with and it would help players to give a try to more skills first. Bare in mind this is still a beta and such a feature can be removed once the game nears its completion. Until then this will help improving the game, enhancing the exploration of the game and paying the servers.

Well here's my suggestion. You talk to marlon, tell him you'll pay all the fees and he won't include such features.
Characters: Gore, Gades, Void, Strife, Blaze, Roman
Gades

Postby Cetra » 13. Sep 2010, 11:52

Gades, you obviously need to re-read the post again before posting such condescending talk. If you notice, i did state that I'm in favor of both the skill resetting (if it even is planned) as well as the success of the game as a whole. I'm well aware of the hard work Marlon conducts on a daily basis to keep things going and the players happy. Also, since you like to jump to conclusions, it was not at all complaining.. get your facts straight. As also stated, it was merely an opinion. I am not here to fight on the forums so please don't attempt to lecture me about how alpha and beta phases operate. Marlon knows that i appreciate his work more than you will ever know, hence why I am logged in playing almost 24/7 trying to help him with the game. As for the rumors, i certainly will discuss things with him. Now that I see this post again, i'm glad that i said what i did. I have a terrible memory and wanted to post it while I was thinking about it. Now, I can remember to tell Marlon in game when I see him :D

P.S. Gades - I host Game Servers all the time (and yes, work as hard as Marlon too) and have never resorted to asking for money or charging for certain features no matter what. Sure, the money is very helpful towards the upkeeps but I have always believed in games being more 'pure' when money is never involved. I am a 100% strict fan of fair play especially if it's one of my games and trying to make my players happy. I want to see FE flourish by just about any means necessary, but would hate to see financial reasons be it's ruination. I hope my point is more clear to you now :D
Cetra

Postby pwrBosh » 13. Sep 2010, 12:51

Cetra wrote:
I will undoubtedly leave and take my friends with me if this happens.

Words like that are always going to get negitive replies.

The following is just my opinion on what i read from your post.. [opinion] Marlon will make/run his game the way i (Cetra) tell him to or i shall leave and take as many people with me as possible[/opinion]

@Marlon, if you feel my post is in any way a flame please feel free to remove.

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool
then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt
pwrBosh

Postby DGDolph » 13. Sep 2010, 19:56

pwrBosh wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I will undoubtedly leave and take my friends with me if this happens.

Words like that are always going to get negitive replies.

The following is just my opinion on what i read from your post.. [opinion] Marlon will make/run his game the way i (Cetra) tell him to or i shall leave and take as many people with me as possible[/opinion]

@Marlon, if you feel my post is in any way a flame please feel free to remove.

tbh, I understood it the same way...maybe Cetra didnt mean it like that
My Characters: Ibliona (Fireball/Icelightning Elementalist), Dalline (Summon Shaman)
---
The sanctity of this place has been fouled
DGDolph

Postby Cetra » 16. Sep 2010, 18:18

No, it is not intended that way. Instead of it sounding like it is giving Marlon an ultimatum, think of it as more of a "cause and effect" preemptive suggestion. Obviously the post was taken negatively but oh well. I should just realize that there are indeed a great many judgmental people in this world and without a dozen smilies, it's often tough to regard a post as positive. On that note, :D :D :D :D :D I know marlon will do whatever he feels is right and it is his baby, his game.

I do apologize though for wording it as such "taking friends with me" as opposed to leaving, and knowing they will do the same. Can this particular topic be considered resolved and move on to other opinions regarding the rewards from the purple chests? ;)
Cetra

Return to "Suggestions"