New event idea

Do you have suggestions concerning the game?
Feel free to write it here.

New event idea

Postby Cetra » 7. Apr 2011, 19:30

Well, I had another idea that some people had liked. I was thinking of an event that was similar to a "survival" mode. Sort-of setup arena-style, or pvp-ish. It could be designed 1 vs 1 against monsters that are normal or champions that begin at level 1. Once killed, the monster type randomizes (example: level 1 could be megabat, level 2 spawns as a marauder or icedlizard) and the battle begins again. This would be a test to see how far a character could go. I have a hunch that marlon would want to put a cap on this, maximizing monster level at lvl 30, but what if there were no drops except for maybe gold? This would prevent higher lvl mobs from dropping too many good items, and allow players to earn some of their gold back as well as test their might vs the mightiest creatures FE has to offer. Right now it's just so difficult because there isn't anything in the game to truly "test" our characters against. I guess gallarus would be considered the biggest test but even he isn't so hard when fought alone. The only time he becomes difficult is with a leecher in a party of 6 people lol. I know there are lots of AoE character out there that do some massive leveling up inside those events littered with mobs, and melee characters have the hardest times keeping up with their leveling spree. Even aside from that, I think it would be fun to push our characters to their limits. I'm at the point where i don't even care about exp or items anymore. It's more of a search for something fun and interesting to keep me entertained inside the game. Well, let me know what you think, i'm always interested in feedback and suggestions! :D
Cetra

Re: New event idea

Postby VXStorm » 8. Apr 2011, 03:47

Cetra wrote: I know there are lots of AoE character out there that do some massive leveling up inside those events littered with mobs, and melee characters have the hardest times keeping up with their leveling spree.

VXstorm can not support this statement
VXStorm

Postby Monk » 8. Apr 2011, 07:35

i have the same feeling like cetra said at all. One point is that single hit allways means slower level, also teall cant deny that he plays much longer then maybe bloodburnig and he allready got outleveld.... so no reason to say that you can lvl as fast as players with aoe xD
The second point i agree with cetra is, that i dont look only for items and exp, this is boring. I entertain myself (like cetra called it :) ) by keep creating unique chars - i enjoy to see them grow and let the "plan" work :D

The point i disagree with cetra is to make it possible to lvl with singlehit at the same rate like with aoe - a character should be always divided to pve/pvp (single attacks are just not that good for fast leveling ;) )
Another point to mention here is that most singular hitting attacks are much more usefull vs bosses - coz the constant ll

lG Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Reckoning » 8. Apr 2011, 08:16

Well to be honest, I don't really even get good drops from bosses. Even if my luck is 100+ I still get pretty fail drops, constantly. Usually it's low level purples and yellows, and when it is higher levels the stats are never even decent. So I would like to see and event where it would actually be worth farming and what not or even spending time doing. I don't want to see more content added that doesn't give any benefits. A benefit would be having a good time while doing that event which means you are getting decent drops, it's challenging and you get some good exp out of it. Personally I'm tired of this stuff where I attack a mob and sit there while holding a button down until the mob is dead. I would like some more strategic fights that you really have to think to complete. Whether or not this is, having to time your attacks perfectly while the mob has stoneskin (basically while stoneskin is up all damage received is negated) up or whatever, I feel like the game needs to be more of a challenge, this way it will keep players busy.

For example:

Massive Stone Golem
Information:
Every 5 seconds the stone golem will put up Damage Reflect and a stoneskin while these buffs are up the mob will take no damage, and if attacked it will reflect damage. After the mob puts stoneskin up there will be a 5 second delay before the next stoneskin.
Strategy: While the mob has the buffs up you have to stop attacking otherwise you will lose a lot of HP. To make sure that you stop attacking at the right time, pay attention to the mobs buffs. Once the buffs are removed attack the mob with your hardest hitting moves. Then Repeat.

Things like this would make the mobs more challenging and it would make it so that players couldn't just sit there while holding a button or do massive damage all at once and just kill the mob. It would encourage players to think before they acted, and take time in playing the game. I think it would make the game more challenging and a lot more fun.

Thoughts?
Reckoning

Postby Monk » 8. Apr 2011, 10:20

maybe the thoughts itself isnt wrong, but do you realy think this would be an improvement for FE!? i would feel annoyed by such an enemy, another important point is that the killrate would get lowerd hard, wich means much lesser exp in time (i formyself have not that much time to play, so for me time is one of the most important facts in a game).

Also this is HACK and SLAY not WATCH and WAIT :) :D :lol:
Monk

Postby Cetra » 8. Apr 2011, 18:39

omg vx actually spoke... :shock:
Cetra

Postby Reckoning » 8. Apr 2011, 22:49

Monk wrote:maybe the thoughts itself isnt wrong, but do you realy think this would be an improvement for FE!? i would feel annoyed by such an enemy, another important point is that the killrate would get lowerd hard, wich means much lesser exp in time (i formyself have not that much time to play, so for me time is one of the most important facts in a game).

Also this is HACK and SLAY not WATCH and WAIT :) :D :lol:

I more meant bosses. Not regular mobs, that would make getting exp extremely hard. I rather meant that bosses would be more challenging along with dropping a little better loot. Which would increase "Playability" and make the game more fun.
Reckoning

Postby Monk » 9. Apr 2011, 10:56

ah so missunderstood you reckoning :) yeah i would not be against this - for sure bosses should have better drop (atm they dont realy drop better then every normal monster and its realy disgusting to get a small healing potion from 40k hp oktu :x )
but on the other hand they should be harder if they drop better, to prevent every player from faming it endless and get a superior gear easy.

lG Watching
Monk

Postby pwrBosh » 9. Apr 2011, 15:04

Reckoning wrote:For example:

Massive Stone Golem
Information:
Every 5 seconds the stone golem will put up Damage Reflect and a stoneskin while these buffs are up the mob will take no damage, and if attacked it will reflect damage. After the mob puts stoneskin up there will be a 5 second delay before the next stoneskin.
Strategy: While the mob has the buffs up you have to stop attacking otherwise you will lose a lot of HP. To make sure that you stop attacking at the right time, pay attention to the mobs buffs. Once the buffs are removed attack the mob with your hardest hitting moves. Then Repeat.

Things like this would make the mobs more challenging and it would make it so that players couldn't just sit there while holding a button or do massive damage all at once and just kill the mob. It would encourage players to think before they acted, and take time in playing the game. I think it would make the game more challenging and a lot more fun.

Thoughts?

The idea is good but more thought needs to be given to the bosses buffs so it can be played by all classes (a shaman(or any other class using summons) can not recall their summons atm and would lose them all to the bosses reflect buff).

Wonder if marlon has any plans to add attack/defend/recall commands to summons?

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool
then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt
pwrBosh

Postby Reckoning » 9. Apr 2011, 20:12

Oh, that was a very primitive example, I just wanted people to see what I meant by it. Could be something completely different.
Reckoning

Next

Return to "Suggestions"