more intuitive skill window

Do you have suggestions concerning the game?
Feel free to write it here.

more intuitive skill window

Postby Shiver » 3. Jul 2012, 11:07

I think the skill window can be made more intuitive for newbies and advanced players
Its a little tricky to make it but i think this example is a good approach to what can it be a better skill interface where you can see very easy what skills you have, what are their current /max lvl , what skills u need to learn to make another skill more powerfull, which are the current learned or not learned skill that affect another skill etc,
Just by clicking a skill icon the description window appear in the right area and also the selected skill will point to all skills that might affect its power/speed/cooldown etc by drawing those active/inactive lines (depending if the skills involved are learned or not)
Shiver

Re: more intuitive skill window

Postby BLooDFReeZiNG » 4. Jul 2012, 15:13

Good afternoon Shiver, How are you?

I just finish to read your post about more intuitive skill window and i share absolutely the fact it is a very good idea to implant in the game and your picture help a lot to undersant what you mean.

However to stay the way to make the skills more intuitive i would like to suggest you the same thing with the skill level required because as you know we can't learn 2 skills of a same level (without talking about skillitem) to know when players will be allow to learn a new skill.

(SKILL: level 2: fireball, frost projectile ;
level 4: freezing mind, conflux, fire spirit ;
level 7: blazing strike, magic protection, weaken ; level 11: frost shield, fire mastery, cold mastery, ice lighting ;
level 16: sophistication, impreciation, wildfire ;
level 22: avalanche, cloak of tempest, concentration, elemental burst ;
level 30: stone of lore, power, manashield, inferno)

Shiver I will be appy to play some hours with you in the game, Goodbye and see you later bro.

PS: Marlon, I'm planning to make a video of your new website look, this is a very proffesional work and I really appreciate it

Greeting From France,
BLooDBuRNiNG
BLooDFReeZiNG

Re: more intuitive skill window

Postby Shiver » 4. Jul 2012, 17:54

I know what u mean about skill lvl requirements that why i said is a little tricky to make the skill window because not all skills from all classes correspond to a certain row /collum in the skill window like the extra skill for example. But ive found an easier way to just add it to skill description to keep the skill window clear and not messy with too many details. So when u click a skill the lvl requirement will be also displayed in the right description area.

Shiver

Return to "Suggestions"