Item Dupe Abuse

Do you came across Bugs/Error while playing the game?
Feel free to write your experiences here.

Item Dupe Abuse

Postby Cetra » 28. Sep 2010, 07:00

Marlon, i knew you were planning on trying to fix the situation with people duping items but I never heard if you got around to it or not. I saw the many magenta wands in the auction house all with the exact same stats. Anyways, i was viewing the items of another player today and saw that he has 3 identical rare artifacts equipped. I was just looking for confirmation that hopefully this issue will be put to and end so that all players may enjoy fair gameplay. Thanks.

I realize that the picture size is small and I will fix it when i wake up. Right now it is very late and i wanted to submit this before going to sleep. Player name is Hexana if you wish to check this. Goodnight.
Cetra

Re: Item Dupe Abuse

Postby Marlon » 28. Sep 2010, 12:59

Thank you for telling me!
Some days ago I fixed this problem and prevented, that one single character can enter a game several times.
Hexana = Luxthefighter duplicated some items in the past and I think he is still using them.
But if somebody come across indication that it is still possible to dupe items, please let me know.
Thanks and greetings,
Marlon
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby pwrBosh » 28. Sep 2010, 14:35

So this noob is duping items for coin from the AH? wow that just blows.

I've only been playing for about 3 weeks but already have more coin on several chars then ill ever need or spend so it begs the question, why bother duping?

Its your server/game marlon but i think all the players that play your game fairly would be happy if you destroyed all the duped items.

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool
then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt
pwrBosh

Postby Marlon » 28. Sep 2010, 15:00

pwrBosh wrote:Its your server/game marlon but i think all the players that play your game fairly would be happy if you destroyed all the duped items.

I don't think its a big problem at the moment. This player did remind me on putting a dupe protection in that game and to improve some important parts. I think there are only a few items, which were duped, so it is not a big thing.
If this player has fun to play with those items, it is his decision. In future it won't be possible anyway...
Beside that I am not able to destroy the duped items, because I am not using IDs (identifying numbers) for items (not yet).
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Cetra » 3. Oct 2010, 01:56

Ahh ok, that makes sense then since i was aware that Lux was already using the dupe when it was still working. I just had no idea that they were the same person. I agree with Marlon that its a small price to pay to bring it to his attention. From what i could see, it looked like he only duped those yellow relics and of course those magenta wands that still linger within the auction house. Coincidentally, was this why the skill potion (quest item) was deactivated? I thought that it gave an additional skill point when clicked, but it appears it has no effect now. On that note, i'm glad those were not duplicated :o
Cetra

Postby pwrBosh » 3. Oct 2010, 13:27

Omg that hurts just to think about, Imagine if someone has a few chars with their inv's and treasure boxs filled with those skill pots :o

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool
then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt
pwrBosh

Postby Cetra » 3. Oct 2010, 15:56

Well I went in-game and tested just to make sure. I found that the skill potion cannot be mailed, traded, or sold at auction house so if either of those were used in the dupe method(s) then duplication of this item should have been impossible :) *sigh of relief*
Cetra

Return to "Bug Reporting"