Being able to use all skills

Do you have suggestions concerning the game?
Feel free to write it here.

Being able to use all skills

Postby Blastboy » 15. Feb 2012, 12:00

I know that an essential aspect of this game is, that we can only select a few skills out of many for our character. This is a good system, because it makes the possible ways of building a character very varied, but at the same time, it requires us to start from scratch with a new character, if we want to try out something different, or even if we have made an unwise choice with just one skill.

I suggest that it becomes possible to unlock all skills with one character, but that we can still use only 7 of them at a time. We should of course not be able to do this without restrictions, so here are some possible options:

1. We can visit a specific location, where we are allowed to select our chosen set of skills. In all other locations, the skills are locked and can't be changed.
2. We are allowed to change our set of skills once a day (within a 24 hour period).
3. We are allowed to swap one of our skills with another, perhaps every hour or even only once a day.

I think this would make it more fun to play around with various skill combinations, and it will still take a very long time to level up all skills for those who want to have them all, as they only get XP when we use them.
Blastboy

Re: Being able to use all skills

Postby Marlon » 15. Feb 2012, 14:35

I definitely won't change that.
You are able to learn 7 (+3) skills per character and you are allowed to create 5 characters.
There are a few characterbuilds and discussions about possible skill combinations and strategies you can find within this forum.
Hopefully in future there are more sources, where you can get informations and suggestions about skills and characters.
And if you just want to start playing and don't think about a suitable skill order before you start investing your skill points you still have the choice to invest a skill reset rune and get back the invested point.
Due to the fact that this game is a FREE game without an item mall and premium functions I need something else to finance this game and its development.
I think selling skill reset runes for a small amount of money is a fair solution.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Re: Being able to use all skills

Postby Blastboy » 15. Feb 2012, 22:25

Okay, it was just a suggestion, and I see your point about making a bit of money from the game. 8-)

The reason I wanted to mention it is, that I am currently playing another game, which has that kind of skill mechanics, and I really like how it works.
Blastboy

Return to "Suggestions"