Questions about the game.

General Discussion about the Game

Postby Kamchak » 19. Jan 2011, 13:28

Hello.

I have just started playing not long ago, but I enjoy the game. So I here have some questions about the game, and some likes and dislikes on it, and I hope you are kind enough to reply.

Questions:
1) Is the game 'free to play' or 'free for ever to play'?
2) Will there be more classes? If yes, which ones?
3) Will any of those from 'dislikes' list below be solved?
4) Are there, or will there be so-called 'chat channels'? (Particularly, private chat.)
5) Are there, or will there be parties and guilds?

2) Music.
3) Tactical arena style.

Dislikes:
1) Lack of information on objects. (Mostly potions.)
2) Lack of information on Huntress class on the help page of website.
3) Conversations with NPCs:
a) names written with small letters;
b) some grammar mistakes (mostly in the beginning);
c) topic selection. (I think default conversation has some of them gets skipped, while some are repeated: quest is completed, but I think some NPCs still first tell you about the quest objectives again before completing the quest.)
4) No ability of sending messages by mailbox.
5) Inavailability of character deletion.
6) Equipment display:
a) is not displayed in world;
b) badly displayed on equipment screen. (Shirt can go over armour, depending on the order, in which you put items on.)

These are those that I can recall now. Thank you for your time. If I think of something more, I'll reply here.

Best regards,
Kamchak
Kamchak

Re: Questions about the game.

Postby Gades » 19. Jan 2011, 16:43

This game has already been planned to be 'free to play' since its very beginning and probably it will stay like that.
Just like the Huntress, new classes may be introduced in the future without any indication. But for what I know soon we will get a new class called something like 'Dark Knight'. It will have a few melee skills, but that's all I know.
Yes, most will be adressed, but it may take some time.
4) Are there, or will there be so-called 'chat channels'? (Particularly, private chat.)
Not yet, and the chat system already has witnessed alot of changes. Pretty sure there will be something like that. If you want to spread some private messages quickly, use the ingame mailing system.
To a certain extent...two months ago there was not such a thing like fighting together. It's probly not
too high on the priority list. :)

2) Music.
3) Tactical arena style.

Dislikes:
The entire calculation system remains an enigma. I highly doubt we will be supplied with values and formulas. ;)
Yepp, something that should've been done when the huntress was introduced.
Minor mistakes may occur as the developer isn't a native speaker. It's an open beta, so expect certain aspects of the game to be flawed.
Same as above
c) topic selection. (I think default conversation has some of them gets skipped, while some are repeated:
quest is completed, but I think some NPCs still first tell you about the quest objectives again before completing the quest.)
Didn't noticed such a thing except for the daily quests, you will receive them multiple times.
Most probably a bug, try to contact Marlon.
This is by far the most requested feature, stay tuned. :lol:
6) Equipment display:
It's an isometric 2D game, you need to spend alot of time to create the sprites just for a single object displayed in all directions(eight right now) and different animations (four different if I'm not mistaken). Each of them got an average of twelve frames and we got four different characters, so we already passed the 1000-mark for sprite count. And that's for a single item if you stick with the current system.
b) badly displayed on equipment screen. (Shirt can go over armour, depending on the order, in which you put items on.)
The items are projected onto the characters to give a vague idea how they would look like. Rendering them together and creating the gifs would create a ton of work. I suggest you put them on and off in the right order to stay realistic(common sense). I'm just kidding :)
Characters: Gore, Gades, Void, Strife, Blaze, Roman
Gades

Postby Kamchak » 19. Jan 2011, 19:24

Gades wrote:Dislikes:
The entire calculation system remains an enigma. I highly doubt we will be supplied with values and formulas. ;)

What I meant actually not how things work, but what they do, so players will know what potions to use without wasting large ones when you can just use small ones.
Gades wrote:6) Equipment display:
The items are projected onto the characters to give a vague idea how they would look like. Rendering them together and creating the gifs would create a ton of work. I suggest you put them on and off in the right order to stay realistic(common sense). I'm just kidding :)

Already putting them in the correct order.
Thank you for your time. If I have more questions, I'll post it here.

Best regards,
Kamchak
Kamchak

Postby Marlon » 19. Jan 2011, 22:16

Hello Kamchak, welcome to the game!
Thanks Gades to make some things clearer!

Let me try to add a few things:

Skill runes where already added to the game and handed out to the players. In future it is planned to sell them for a small amount of real money. Beside that it is planned to offer a buyable feature that players can change their color at the chat and show their achievements to other players.
For me it is important to keep this game fair and balanced for all players.

Oh I hope we will have many new classes here in the future.

My aim is to solve all problems from this list.

I will work on that topic in february.

I created an auto partysystem, allowing players in the same area to fight in a team and share experience and loot.
A guild system will probably be added after the release.

Now the problems:

I will add more informations concerning objects in the near future.

I will add this, too.

There is a general problem, that names are written with small caps at the beginning. I will correct that as soon as possible.

I would be really happy if you could tell me grammer mistakes. I will correct them immediatly.

c) topic selection. (I think default conversation has some of them gets skipped, while some are repeated: quest is completed, but I think some NPCs still first tell you about the quest objectives again before completing the quest.)
Oh please tell me which quest you mean. I never came across such a problem.

There is an ability. Open your mailbox and take a look at the upper right.

:) Yes, yes. It will definetly be available before Beta ends.

6) Equipment display:
One of the hardest task in here and the only facet I most likely cannot correct.
I try to add a system which shows if you are wearing an armor or a weapon, but I cannot provide a system which shows the detailed sort of equipment, the character is wearing. Nobody would download this huge amount of images...
But I also want to add a 2D picture of the character, which can be seen by other players.

Mhhh.. I don't think its a big problem, but it is possible to correct this, too.

Thank you for your suggesions and your feedback!
Marlon
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Monk » 19. Jan 2011, 23:25

ouch thats a realy tough starting post for a newcommer :D now you took the last hours of sleep he had, from marlon :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Kamchak » 20. Jan 2011, 15:51

Marlon wrote:1) Is the game 'free to play' or 'free for ever to play'?
Skill runes where already added to the game and handed out to the players. In future it is planned to sell them for a small amount of real money. Beside that it is planned to offer a buyable feature that players can change their color at the chat and show their achievements to other players.
For me it is important to keep this game fair and balanced for all players.

Does that mean free game with donation options, where donators get awards that do not let them out-power free players?
Marlon wrote:4) Are there, or will there be so-called 'chat channels'? (Particularly, private chat.)
I will work on that topic in february.

Never liked those channels, but good to know things for certain.
Marlon wrote:3) Conversations with NPCs:
There is a general problem, that names are written with small caps at the beginning. I will correct that as soon as possible.

I would be really happy if you could tell me grammer mistakes. I will correct them immediatly.

Oh please tell me which quest you mean. I never came across such a problem.

Probably I mistook, but I am going to start a new character and will look into these more detailed. 'Grammar mistakes' were just some letters skipped in words, as far as I recall.
Marlon wrote:6) Equipment display:
One of the hardest task in here and the only facet I most likely cannot correct.
I try to add a system which shows if you are wearing an armor or a weapon, but I cannot provide a system which shows the detailed sort of equipment, the character is wearing. Nobody would download this huge amount of images...
But I also want to add a 2D picture of the character, which can be seen by other players.

Mhhh.. I don't think its a big problem, but it is possible to correct this, too.

What I actually disliked was that when I have rampager with clothes covering his whole body and with spear in his both hands, seeing him as a person with no helmet, revealed legs and arms and shortsword in one hand with another hand free is not really the greatest thing to see.

Best regards,
Kamchak
Kamchak

When is the Final version?

Postby soft » 20. Jan 2011, 17:53

Yh, I haven't been on for quite some time, as I had to study quite hard for exams (7 in 5 days 0.o).
I am wondering when the final version is going to come out?
soft

Postby Kamchak » 21. Jan 2011, 00:39

I decided not to create a new topic for this small suggestion, but rather to reply here, since the use of it actually to better track all these conversations. The suggestion is not anything large: just some button that, when pressed, will capture a screenshot into some folder. I am playing full-screen most of the time, so it will be easier to just press one button instead of copying every screen that has any mistakes in conversations with NPCs into 'Paint', and then just browse through them.
I have also found two more small dislikes to add to the list:
1) tutorial appears only for the first character... So if a person stops playing, and then someday returns, he won't be taught what he could have forgotten;
2) voting links and 'portal' link seem to be German (or some similar language), but most of the game I've seen so far is in English... However, the hatchett from the quest in the very beginning still has German description.

Best regards,
Kamchak
Kamchak

Grammar mistakes.

Postby Kamchak » 13. Feb 2011, 01:04

I have not been in the game for a while, but now, when the characters can be deleted, I am starting from the beginning, and I am going to try and track most of the grammar mistakes, mostly such as skipped letters in words or mixed language (British and American English). I shall not track punctuational mistakes, since I am not so good at them either, but I shall tell if I see any of them whereever I encounter other mistakes.

Best regards,
Kamchak
Kamchak

Return to "General"