Lvl 20 Spider (Tower)

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Lvl 20 Spider (Tower)

Postby steve » 9. Apr 2010, 13:34

I think it should be removed because it is in a low level area .. also there is a quest at the bottom of the tower which no1 will do unless they kill that hard hitting beast.

The lvl 20 spider hits 100 which is ridculous and impossible for a lvl 23 ramp to kill .. bahamut says mages and shamans can kill but i get 2 hit

To sum up:
Remove from low level area
Weaken him or improve every class so they can kill him at a decent lvl :P
steve

Re: Lvl 20 Spider (Tower)

Postby Marlon » 9. Apr 2010, 13:42

Thanks for the balancing suggestion!
I will check that out.
By the way, this champion was integrated as an easter egg and wont appear for players below lvl 12.
So i dont see a bigger problem at the moment.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby steve » 9. Apr 2010, 13:48

Marlon wrote:Thanks for the balancing suggestion!
I will check that out.
By the way, this champion was integrated as an easter egg and wont appear for players below lvl 12.
So i dont see a bigger problem at the moment.

Ahh right i didnt no people below 12 couldn't see it but still he hits like a beast :) he is way to strong
steve

Postby ogstel » 11. Aug 2010, 05:40

steve wrote:The lvl 20 spider hits 100 which is ridculous and impossible for a lvl 23 ramp to kill .. bahamut says mages and shamans can kill but i get 2 hit
:P

Was getting hit 108 on a level 22 ramp. The problem is not only its power, but also the fact it is in a very confined space. The usual for my ramp to kill a stronger boss is hit and run (with a lot of potions), or crossbow shoot and run, but there is not enough space to execute those tactics.
ogstel

Postby karajanak » 18. Aug 2010, 15:06

my mage (lvl 20+) has no problem with the spider, but i'm more amazed by the poor drop. It's harder to kill than Morak but sometimes it drops nothing at all. But then, I believe Morak doesn't drop much either, lately...
For the 'high' -levelled players, there are not that much strong bosses. I prefer to have more than one boss of a decent level, so I don't have to slay morak and restart the game all the time ;-)
used to be playing with karajanak, omnia and gloriana
karajanak

Postby pwrBosh » 3. Sep 2010, 18:41

Im not bothered by the low drops, the level 20 boss allows me to boost my skills faster then with any other boss :)

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool
then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt
pwrBosh

Postby Cetra » 10. Sep 2010, 22:13

I think it is a good idea to keep this particular easter egg around. For newcomers, it won't be an issue at all. But it should do a great job of deterring players who like to stock up on luck and attempt to raid the tower for free "uber-goodies".
Cetra

Postby karajanak » 12. Sep 2010, 10:30

so, why put uber-goodies there in the first place?
karajanak

Postby Gades » 12. Sep 2010, 18:57

Those arent 'uber-goodies', they just use a different calculation for item quality. It the same with the vendors. Equip 100 luck and almost all of the 49 items they offer are magenta. Maybe the darkswamp-tower just uses the wrong formula...

Even if the coldwand, knife, defender and spear sell at around 750gold when magenta, it's still the spider that can do the real magic...
Characters: Gore, Gades, Void, Strife, Blaze, Roman
Gades

Postby karajanak » 16. Sep 2010, 10:49

I think the spider has been changed...
Only 5000 hp now, still lvl20.
karajanak

Next

Return to "Balancing"