Follower balancing

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Follower balancing

Postby Blastboy » 8. Nov 2011, 21:19

I don't know if it is just me, but my follower seems to be very weak in combat, and not to much help at all.

My follower (the yellow one) is level 20, and I am level 28 myself. If I fight monsters at around level 23-24, he takes 2 or 3 hits and then runs away with no more health. When he comes back, he has around 1/3 health, takes 2-3 hits, and then runs away again.

I need to go as low as level 8-10 monsters for him to have a reasonable chance of surviving, but I don't fight those monsters anymore, when I am level 28 myself.

I think he ought to have a fair fighting chance against monsters of his own level, and last longer than a couple of hits. Perhaps if we could outfit him with more types of clothes and artifacts, then it could help. I have him outfitted with pretty good items in the four slots we have available, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. He is simply too weak overall.
Blastboy

Re: Follower balancing

Postby Monk » 10. Nov 2011, 14:45

i simply agree :) before i used my first follower on a char with unity, so i had not recognized how easy he realy dies, but now on another char i see that he is truely a weakling :)

lG Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby BLooDFReeZiNG » 12. Nov 2011, 16:14

I propose something for follower stop to die stupidly we should have an option for get them out the fight and they stay get their xp. it could help our for xp them when you need. I guess an option follow dont hit enemy could be great also but i prefer the second one because it look easyer than the second one. Follower life should be increase and their fast movement also for they follow easily our main character. The idea of follower is great but i think it can be more exploited. BTW Me and Monk never see TheMaster Online but his level continu to raise 38-39 look a bit strange for his stuff, PVP point, for his afk time, it look very strange. Marlon im sure you think as me and monk. Of course nobody could prouve it but please stay realistic. we cant go on his computer and see which kind of program he used but seriously Take a decision (friendly)...

Greeting From France,BLooDBuRNiNG
BLooDFReeZiNG

Postby Monk » 12. Nov 2011, 16:33

yeah higher hp ad maybe base defence and resistances could be enough to let the follower alive :) also its strange that if he levels he get stronger, but after relog he falls back to very low stats.

I also agree with the master, i never see him playing and also realy seldom loged in, merlon should have a look on what he is doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby IsodorRodosi » 13. Nov 2011, 18:59

In my Opinion, the biggest problem at time is, that the stats of the followers get reseted after each relog. That make them weak as hell. Thats the major bug atm, and it MUST be fixed bevore the are realy playable.

There are more minor bugs are out. Sometimes he dont return, sometimes he stuck or get lost, and realy rare he atacking himself until he has no mana/heal anymore. After u get him first time he do melee, and a ranged weapon dindt change that... only a relog helps.

And i think, some skills must be forbidden for followers. I even dindt try all skills, but i think, all work, and a merc, that sumons the whole time monsters, will be a little bit to strong, cause u have massive blockers.

The idea is great... Design ure own merc is great!
IsodorRodosi

Postby Blastboy » 14. Nov 2011, 15:51

IsodorRodosi wrote:and realy rare he atacking himself until he has no mana/heal anymore

Lol, does he really do that? :D
Blastboy

Postby Blastboy » 14. Nov 2011, 20:35

IsodorRodosi wrote:In my Opinion, the biggest problem at time is, that the stats of the followers get reseted after each relog. That make them weak as hell. Thats the major bug atm, and it MUST be fixed bevore the are realy playable.

I just tested this myself, and you are right. He is weaker after a log out/log in.

I can't find anything about it in the bug report forum though, so Marlon might not know about it. I am going to make a thread there, so we can have it fixed.
Blastboy

Postby Marlon » 14. Nov 2011, 20:39

I take this very serious as you might know and I want to fix all bugs for the next update.
So please tell me: Where exactly is the problem with the stat reset? Are attributes reset / skill levels? What exactly is the problem?
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Blastboy » 14. Nov 2011, 20:58

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the numbers displayed in his stat widow. They stay the same after a log out/log in, but it is like they are not the numbers actually being used. He gets weaker after a log out/log in when he has leveled up within the session you have just logged out from.
Blastboy

Postby Blastboy » 14. Nov 2011, 21:46

I just made another test, and here are some detailed figures:

Damage on my followers equipment:
Helmet: Fire damage +8%
2-handed staff: Fire damage +34% and power +4

At level 8, he hit consistently 6 on these monsters: Level 3 Dendroid and level 3 Megabat.

After going to level 9, he hit consistently 7 on the same monsters until I logged out of the game.

After login, he now hits 6 again on those same monsters. He is still level 9, and he has the exact same numbers shown in his stats, but he hits less than before the log out/log in.

I hope this helps.

PS: I will now raise him to level 10, and see what happens there.
Blastboy

Next

Return to "Balancing"