How do I find the latest file to play?

General Discussion about the Game

How do I find the latest file to play?

Postby Cyanniqa » 23. Jan 2013, 18:37

I am going in circles here to try to get online and play.

1. I can't find a download or anything on the main game page of the most recent release. I had to google for mac compatible and found a .jnip file somewhere else and it sort of works, but it doesn't save and when I try to relog onto an account I made, it says I need an updated game so it's an older version that isn't supported any more, altho I did get to get some game time in, if I quit the progress was lost.

2. I have played this a year or so ago and I know the Java thing worked for me back then - there was an option with a live link right on the game homepage somewhere where you either d/l something or could play in your browser.

3. Is the 2D version still available to play? I see on the start up you can choose one or the other. Altho the 3D is neat I prefer 2D, always have.

I am really stumped, please advise.
Cyanniqa

Re: How do I find the latest file to play?

Postby Evlesoa » 23. Jan 2013, 18:44

Although some of your questions I can't answer because I don't know what you're talking about, I can answer one: to download the game, you have to click "play" on the homepage (after the landing page, where it says enter website). After that, you'll see the button to download it (again have to check off a certain box).
Evlesoa

Postby Cyanniqa » 23. Jan 2013, 18:51

Thanks. I should have made myself clearer.

That download button when you press PLAY is not for mac. It's a set up file of some sort that doesn't work for me. All I get is some html language in a textEdit file. Or maybe it's an .exe file, I forget but no go.
Cyanniqa

Postby Evlesoa » 24. Jan 2013, 13:00

Aye, I know what you're talking about. It's a set-up file for windows. For mac, you'd have to use Java? I think...
Evlesoa

Postby Marlon » 24. Jan 2013, 14:34

For the moment there is only one executable for windows and one executable for linux.
I didn't find a JAVA native compiler for mac yet. So maybe in the future Forgotten Elements will be available for mac, too...
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Return to "General"