Forgotten Elements Release

General Discussion about the Game

Forgotten Elements Release

Postby Marlon » 10. Dec 2012, 21:27

And now some really really really great news:
Forgotten Elements will be released at 2013-01-07! :)

That means Open Beta will end on this day and the game is officially released! So if you find bugs or have any suggestions left, please post it here!
Thank you!
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Possible Linux Client 2d Graphic Bug

Postby exiledangel420 » 10. Dec 2012, 23:31

I tried it out again and the character creation works fine now, but I am now running into this problem in 2d mode with the Linux Client where when I level up, the upgrade stat and skills appear but the all the tile sets start flashing a lot it is still playable but highly annoying. But it doesn't happen with my windows client, so I'm wondering does this game require a specific version java or a certain java library I might not have installed on my Linux system? Note: It goes away or the reload of the game.
exiledangel420

Re: Forgotten Elements Release

Postby Marlon » 11. Dec 2012, 01:41

When you install the game you don't need JAVA. Are you able to play the 3D version without problems?
What do you mean with 'It goes away or the reload of the game.'?
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby exiledangel420 » 11. Dec 2012, 02:08

It only does it on levelup. When I exit the game and start it again it is no longer doing it(Thats what I mean by reload. It runs really slow on both the windows and linux client in 3d mode. I expect I need a better graphic card to run it in that mode. But at the moment I can't afford one so I run games like torchlight 2 and fate which are low end which are similar too diablo two, I thought yours would have extremely low end being only 120+ megs in size on download. It is okay, I'll run it in 2d mode in with the windows client. thanks for the help. I have a really old graphic card a nvidia geforce fx 5500, 1.5 gb of ram an amd 3100+ processor 1 20 gig hd, and a 30 gig hd one is windows and on is linux.
exiledangel420

Postby BLooDFReeZiNG » 13. Dec 2012, 10:57

Hello Marlon,
I'm really happy for you and for the communauty that your game will finally released but what will happen for the cheater rank 1, in fact 3 persons said that is absolutely impossible that he reached the level 42, will you bamn him or do something in this subject?
BLooDFReeZiNG

Postby Shiver » 14. Dec 2012, 10:56

After I've saw that the game was hacked, I offered myself to help and prove to Marlon that it was "hacked" 100%. After I gave all the detailed info on how it can be done, and how to fix it, I asked Marlon to delete him.. and after all my efforts, Marlon said he cant delete it cause he have no proof against him LOL. At this point he forcing my hand to give up on helping any further, since I see this indifference when things like this happen. In all 10000 games i have played since now when a thing like this happend, there is a rollback, at least a ban for those suspicious accounts, deleting and so on, to keep the normal fair players from thinking that if these things happen there is someone there taking care of it and not just acting like nothing happends.
So, as a normal player, since i have proved that the game can be hacked in any aspects (gold, exp, drops, crafting chances, etc etc) i dont want to keep playing further along with unfair players accounts/items/skills etc, and untill this game is completely wiped of all accounts/items and to start from zero (like it should be done by now already) I say bye to all and good luck, i dont plan playing along with having suspicious ideeas that some players have advantages from hackings that happend in the past/present day.
The only way to keep this game not dying is to fix the hacks and start from zero again. Marlon gave me an arrogant answer to this, telling me how I dare to tell him what to do.. so yeah, that was the drop that filled the glass for me to quit. Cyas
Shiver

Postby BLooDFReeZiNG » 14. Dec 2012, 12:13

Where is the justice?
I really think that is not just for everybody who really appreciated, played and followed Forgotten Elements since a very long moment and who consider the moderator like someone with a lot of qualities are treat like this.. Seriously we are all humans and we just need a normal justice I don't understand why it is so hard to understand, it is not a question of ego or a question that someone would like to be the best or anything in this way. We just need justice between all players, what do you think if someone get 1 000 000 000 of gold in 10 second with hacking the system is just? whereas some very good players who is very invested in the game and who shared all their time to try to get some better items just get 100 000 gold after a very long week is just?? What do you think about justice? Do you think it is just for a player to not be considered? everybody need a justice, we are all different but in every countries around the world there are a different justice but as everybody know it exist everwhere? Now all I have to say is if someone who never played the game before become rank 1 in 1 day with hacking the security of the game (it was proved in this thread: http://forgottenelements.phpbb8.de/bug-reporting-f6/level-hack-the-security-forgotten-elements-t927.html ) and that almost all active players and persons on the forum explain that Hacker_N_Slasher (liqmysaq) hacked the game but nobody try to do bamn him this person or to protect the game? It is just a definition of injustice.

Shiver investment
Shiver wrote:After I've saw that the game was hacked, I offered myself to help and prove to Marlon that it was "hacked" 100%.

Me and Shiver were rivals since a more than 1 year and we always tryed to manage to become the best in Forgotten Elements in a legit way, we played around 10 hours per days and everyday for a very long moment and we became together rank 1 and 2 with the first and the last legit level 40. Shiver was always very invested in the forum and in the game and shared a lot of incredible ideas to make the game better, he is honnest and determined and he is for me a good person. I never really get back a lot friendship from him however I'm here to take his defense and let him hold my hand. I don't think this problem should during too much time because Marlon absolutely know that we will never shared a thread, and time for someone who didn't hacked the game, I think he will do the necessary soon for the released of his game (07:01:2012). Shiver you are a very good player and you and me have to keep here to help the news players, to show them the way as you already know we are the 2 leader players in the game. It is really important for our and for the game to work well that we stay here. I hope that you could stay with me, I really appreciated what you did for the game and the experience that you gave me when we played together. I wish you all the best and a happy merry chritmas surround of all your familly to have good moments and to take the time to think about all the things I suggested you.

I hope this conflict could end soon, this game will be released in less than 1 month and more and more persons are playing Forgotten Elements everyday. I'm really happy for you Marlon for this great feat. I wish you all the best and a happy merry christmas. Marlon i have to insist that I don't try to defame you and if you don't like any line of my text I will be ready to delete them. Take care of you ;)

Reward,
BLooDBuRNiNG
BLooDFReeZiNG

Return to "General"