Forgotten Elements Interview

Postby Marlon » 4. Nov 2010, 23:51

http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Re: Forgotten Elements Interview

Postby Cetra » 5. Nov 2010, 02:30

I am glad that OnRPG decided to take some time and meet with you to answer some questions and clear some of the smoke out of the air for curious readers. Your answers were not only true, but when taking a step back, made me realize just how diverse FE is compared to almost every other MMO game out there. Looking and weighing the positive features versus the negative ones, should make the decision a real "no-brainer" for gamers who are curious about the world of FE. Nearly every game out there is run with donations and/or premium item shops, which is completely understandable when it comes to funding such large projects. Unfortunately, a really bad side-effect that comes with that is the fact that players can take advantage of that to financially "buy" their success while other less-wealthy or legit gamers lag behind no matter how much effort is put into playing. FE is the only game I have found that is not only fun and contains just about every feature a true RPG fanatic could ever want, but takes pride in advertising it's most valuable feature; balance. Assuming later on when these "Skill Reset Runes" are implemented, players who help support the game can enjoy these items allowing them to experiment with builds and easily swap skills without spending vast amounts of time recreating characters. In no way does this disturb the balance maintained in the world of FE, nor will it make players feel helpless and inadequate in their attempts to keep up with other players.. while at the same time helping fund the many expenses of our beloved Marlon. This my friends is what true gaming is all about. It's integrity has not been compromised due to financial issues and i believe this will allow FE to grown and live a very long and popular life! Thank you again Marlon for all your hard, dedicated work and for creating this glorious world for us to live in. Kudos on the article, well said! 8-)
Cetra

Postby Monk » 7. Dec 2010, 23:07

Now i got it to read the interview ; :) . Maybe its good to read that AFTER collecting some play experience ;) To read this interview realy caused a good feeling in fact of developing myself into a part of that great and amazing game. One fact i like to mention: the 2D grafik is one of the best feature for me. Last week i gave a friend of mine a link. One day later the answer:" wth you play games with that grafik?? i will never play it" thats why he even has not started..... i cant understand this....

This grafik is it what makes the skills, the landscape and the whole playstyle realy great. The same thing (like marlon said) in same 3D grafik like tons of games are currently, would only be half of the fun.

Another fact to mention, the smal but fine community improves the fun another time by twice :D i think especially one knows who is meant. lG Watching (Aka the guy who got cushed by spearmen)

Thx marlon :!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Cetra » 9. Dec 2010, 21:58

Yeah, unfortunately that's the case with many games. They invest most of their efforts towards graphics and in turn, another area such as gameplay or storyline end up suffering a lot. Lucky for them, the kids in this generation generally focus on graphics over everything else when looking for a game to play. Sadly, this leaves truly unique games like FE to the older, more appreciative players like the community we have today. Not only is it a great reminder of the good old days when gameplay>graphics, but we are able to empathize all the hard work Marlon puts into FE. We are patient, and forever grateful :D
Cetra

Postby Dextren » 21. Sep 2011, 12:35

Absolutely free (no premium/item mall bullshit),old school 2D graphics whitch are not childish,4 classes,96 skills,crafting,PvP,many items and zones...many,many items...regular updates...events...playable on any operation sistem without download...crosclassing... achivement "Survivor" for staying alive (screw the "Die 1000 times " achivivements)... all this on OB ,made by ONE man!THANK YOU MARLON FOR MAKING MY DREAM GAME! 8-)
Dextren

Postby natpisk » 31. Mar 2014, 11:39

I'm really love this game!
natpisk

Return to "General"