The Never-ending, Self-replicating Spiders that lag to death

Do you came across Bugs/Error while playing the game?
Feel free to write your experiences here.

The Never-ending, Self-replicating Spiders that lag to death

Postby Evlesoa » 29. Dec 2012, 20:13

Alright the whole spider thing is totally uncool.

1. Every area I go to, the spiders follow me.
2. I can't kill anything. They steal everything.
3. My FPS drops to about 1 or 2
4. They make quest completion impossible (for some reason, there is only one skeleton in the overgrown path map... where did the others go? that quest cannot be completed, ever)

Please, please get rid of them Q_Q

They go everywhere, and they don't stop laying their f***ing eggs or killing all the sh** that I am supposed to kill. This is dandy and all, but they make the game unplayable ... :'(

Edit - I was also able to take them to secret maps and complete them with total cakeness... they are monsters... can't be killed because they make more of themselves and the fact that there are so many, they can take down anything.

Here is they, working hard in the crypt where I am lagging at 0 FPS

Evlesoa

Re: The Never-ending, Self-replicating Spiders that lag to death

Postby Marlon » 30. Dec 2012, 02:31

Firstly I have to say that I am very sorry about that.
I thought that I had found the bug, but obviously I didn't find it.
It's hard to reproduce every bug on my testing environment, so it's no wonder, that some "hard and not easy to find" errors are still in the game.
But I just wrote some workarounds and hope that it will be fixed after deploying the last BETA update in a few hours.
When the bug still exists, I will remove those buggy eggs from the game, so that it will run without those problems after the launch at january the 7th.
Thanks!
Marlon
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Evlesoa » 30. Dec 2012, 07:51

Marlon, don't worry too much about it. It's just hard to do anything with them always following, especially when MORE join at the second map in undergrowth (so the size basically doubles) and it makes progress stop with them.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this.

Edit - Oddly enough, deleting a character and re-using his name allows the spiders to return even before going to the area...ahh!
Evlesoa

Postby Marlon » 30. Dec 2012, 17:59

Evlesoa wrote:Edit - Oddly enough, deleting a character and re-using his name allows the spiders to return even before going to the area...ahh!

What do you mean exactly? I don't understand.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Evlesoa » 30. Dec 2012, 19:25

Basically, get to the area with the spiders. Go to another map, have them follow. Delete character. Make new with same name. Go to first town, and walk outside into the desert (bottom port to the desert map). Now the spiders return to the new character.
Evlesoa

Return to "Bug Reporting"