Game Breaker !!!

Do you came across Bugs/Error while playing the game?
Feel free to write your experiences here.

Game Breaker !!!

Postby WhiteMice » 3. Aug 2013, 19:08

This is another of those "Uncaught exception: Out of Memory" Bugs - Unfortunately it also HALTS ANY PROGRESS within the game :(

Slay the Enemy Quest - I presume I need to access the "Forgotten Plains" map ???
Unfortunately I cant - every time I try to go there I get this error message

I can run around and clear the entire Telumin maps up to this point but when I try to enter Forgotten Plains = CRASH
or.....I can log in (Character is in Telumin) and just go direct to the Forgotten Plains portal in Diseased Passageway - NOT clearing the maps - just cut a direct path there (like 5 mins game play max) - when I click on Forgotten Plains portal same thing = CRASH !!!

I presume it must be the map itself and not the fact I have played too long or many other maps stored in cache ???

Is there a way to expand the games memory ? - Or is there a work around for this ?

Please help - its a great game and up until now I have been having wonderful fun - so sad I cant go further :(
WhiteMice

Re: Game Breaker !!!

Postby Marlon » 4. Aug 2013, 02:29

Please try again. It should work now.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby WhiteMice » 4. Aug 2013, 07:34

Sorry - No Joy :( - problem is exactly the same - can explore or run strait there - no difference - always Out of Memory Crash :(

Have now tried a few times - and also tried with 3 different characters - total no go - :(
WhiteMice

Postby Marlon » 4. Aug 2013, 21:53

Mhhh... I just visited Forgotten Plains with my character and had no problems. Other players already passed this stage, too. I don't really know why you have problems. Do you get any error messages? Are you running 3D or 2D?
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby WhiteMice » 4. Aug 2013, 23:19

Marlon wrote:Mhhh... I just visited Forgotten Plains with my character and had no problems. Other players already passed this stage, too. I don't really know why you have problems. Do you get any error messages? Are you running 3D or 2D?

Only error I get is after the crash - - i click on portal - says Loading - then Im out of the program onto desktop with grey box saying "Uncaught exception: Out of Memory" - thats it !!!! --- not a lot to go on !!!

Running 3D - maybe Ill try 2D and see what happens
am totally stuck so any ideas would be great :p
WhiteMice

Postby WhiteMice » 5. Aug 2013, 10:33

LMAO - shows how new i am to this game - I didnt realize in the Game Start Options u can freely change between 2D and 3D ....!!!!

So I cut anti aliasing to hardware only (graphic card don't need AA) - this did not solve the problem but a significant performance increase is noted !!
So I set to 2D - all problems resolved and am now in the next town YAY :) - maybe now I can return to 3D but i am kinda hooked on the old style hahahaha the chacters and Followers do look better hehe :P

As a further note i also see ZERO crashes from memory in 2D - have tested this a lot - so while i do like the 3D setting - I also like the old skool feeling of the 2D - for sure the problem is in the newer 3D setting - and I have a sneaky feeling its in the Textures caching - perhaps on the next update u could allocate more memory space to allow a bigger cache for the Textures - most PCs these days can handle that easy
WhiteMice

Return to "Bug Reporting"