Wilfire

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Wilfire

Postby Reckoning » 21. Apr 2011, 06:14

Honestly, the skills needs to do more damage than it does. Atm at level 10 it does around 24dmg per hit which is all fine and good at lower levels maybe, but trying to kill a few bears with 450 hp makes it pointless. Especially when fire ball can one shot mobs at that level. So I suggest that the damage be increased to maybe 12 dmg at level 1 16 dmg at lvl 2. Here is my table.

lvl 1 - 12 Dmg
lvl 2 - 16 Dmg
lvl 3 - 20 dmg
lvl 4 - 24 dmg
lvl 5 - 28 dmg
lvl 6 - 30 dmg
lvl 7 - 31 dmg
lvl 8 - 32 dmg
lvl 9 - 33 dmg
lvl 10 - 34 dmg
lvl 11 - 35 dmg
lvl 12 - 36 dmg
lvl 13 - 37 dmg
lvl 14 - 38 dmg
lvl 15 - 39 dmg
lvl 16 - 40 dmg
lvl 17 - 41 dmg
lvl 18 - 42 dmg
lvl 19 - 43 dmg
lvl 20 - 44 dmg

Even with Weaken, all 10% fire damage artifacts etc I only hit like 20-30 dmg with it the way it is now. Tell me if you think the damage is to high. But at a minimum it should do at least 10 damage at level 1 with 1-4 dmg increments.
Reckoning

Re: Wilfire

Postby Marlon » 21. Apr 2011, 12:06

What is the opinion of other players?
Did somebody else create a "wildfire-character" and thinks it is quite underpowered?
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby SeyzTLS » 21. Apr 2011, 13:52

i have only 1 on lvl 20.
without dualleech and low power.
but still its easy to play in sunken and so. without problem 40dmg per shot (lvl 11 wildfire).

atm lvl 12wildfire is 12dmg. and the castspeed is very high.

you want nearly to tripple the dmg. o.o
you have maxed your char and see the max dmg you can reach with it?

maybe the dmg can be increased a little bit. but so insanly??

i think with dualwield + 2x 8pow firewands +weaken with lvl 20wildfire its very easy to reach 100dmg per ball und with this castspeed and AoE... :?:
SeyzTLS

Postby Reckoning » 21. Apr 2011, 20:31

Marlon wrote:What is the opinion of other players?
Did somebody else create a "wildfire-character" and thinks it is quite underpowered?

I have been testing it on my new character. I know cetra had some problems with it, but that was awhile ago.

And yes seyz if anyone had the best gear they could get, obviously any skill would be decent. That is why I asked if you thought it was too much damage, however I don't think it is. In pvp at level 10 it only does about 10-32 dmg per hit with weaken etc. So even in PVE if it does hit 60-100 dmg, why would I use this spell when fireball can hit up to 500 dmg? I would be doing much more damage with fireball, therefore making wildfire pointless. Wildfire is for AoE damage, but I could shoot 2-3 fireballs in the time it would take me to do 450 damage.

Ice projectiles at level 20 does 47 damage per hit this shoots just as many projectiles as wildfire an is nearly as fast. It hits up to 250 as I am aware of. Wildfire should at least do something like that, maybe a little bit less though. So at least double to damage would be good.
Reckoning

Postby SeyzTLS » 21. Apr 2011, 21:15

maybe you are right.

especially the comparison to frostprojectiles is a good argument for an increase... i think.

but dont forget that wildfire has a lower cooldown than frostprojectiles.
so the dmg must be a little bit lower (depend on the difference between the cooldown)

wildfire: 0,5sec cd
frostprojectiles: 1sec cd

so at 20 wildfire needs 23/24 dmg to be at the same lvl with frostprojectile (if reckonings info is right). if the both skills should have the same dmgoutput.

but.. i think wildfire needs for the same dmg more energy so maybe the dmg could be a little bit higher, too. (only my thoughts :mrgreen: )
SeyzTLS

Postby Marlon » 21. Apr 2011, 21:20

I have raised damage output and energy.
Comes with next update.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby nelha » 21. Apr 2011, 23:23

Nice, thx!
I just got lvl 22 with my firemage and wildfire didnt look very much attractive. The firesprites which are a low skill-lvl,
do the same dam. like wildfire.
nelha

Postby Monk » 22. Apr 2011, 20:24

hm idk why yours is so weak at all, i once tested wildfire too and got a nice pve skill with it, also after the bugfix with the multihit. Due to its realy INSANE castspeed it can blow out crowds in a second. One thing it that it drains mana the same insane way wich realy wouldjustify a LITTLE dmg increase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Reckoning » 22. Apr 2011, 22:40

The problem is that the more damage a spell does the more your % increases will effect it. So if I spell doesn't do that much damage, then your % increase won't do that much either.
Reckoning

Postby Monk » 23. Apr 2011, 13:11

That is true but i guess wildfire isnt meant to deal that much damage that for example fireball does. FB is only single attack - WF is aoe. FB haves slower castspeed also. Another point is that i think not each skill is versatile for pvp - so WF is better for pve and there it does a good job. One point i agree you - vs higher hp monsters it realy should have a BIT more dmg (but another possibility would be to choose additional FB for single monsters and pvp)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Next

Return to "Balancing"