Summoner

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Re: Summoner

Postby Reckoning » 8. Apr 2011, 03:53

Disabling Exp gain after non-activity? So if someone takes an afk break to do something and comes back, they don't get exp? If so...That would be extremely bad. Or would it simply be if they go afk while they don't move they don't get exp? So I would also assume that when someone came back from an afk they would get exp again...Still this could cause some problems. I'm still sticking with the quick fix of Player moderators, rather simply people who play a lot, follow the rules, and feel inclined to tell marlon about players that are cheating. This would solve a lot of problems.
Reckoning

Postby SeyzTLS » 8. Apr 2011, 13:17

1. if we have moderators, we need rules o.o

2. moderators are also only players who dont see the code.
they only can guess.

3. implemating of a new source of error. humans :|

conclusion:
that doesnt prevent afk-farming, too xD

imagine:
one player is shaman and must go afk quickly in an area, coz of reallife^^
so he farms more or less afk.

and for that he gets problems?
doing nothing except beeing online? :|

furthermore you dont need minions to farm afk....

so a max-duration wouldnt solve that problem, too.
SeyzTLS

Postby Reckoning » 8. Apr 2011, 22:46

Actually It would prevent afk farming, cheating among other things. As long as you pick people who know what they're doing of course. And for a while I have been wondering why there are no rules. All the more easy to break something if it isn't there. This isn't just about summoners any more either. As for human errors even our FE GOD marlon makes errors from time to time =).
Last edited by Reckoning on 9. Apr 2011, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reckoning

Postby pan song » 9. Apr 2011, 00:38

like i said, summoner are strong because of minions... if u take the minions or put limit or time it would ruin me. what if someone said that ur class is to overpower and need to make it weaker.. don't ruin my class please >.>
pan song

Postby Reckoning » 9. Apr 2011, 01:41

Just, because it's your class doesn't mean that it shouldn't be changed. However, I believe that summoners are fine when compared to other classes such as a blazing strike ele or a leach/crush ramp. Even compared to a Vicious Strike ramp summoners aren't very powerful. That being said, I think we need to move onto more important things. Such as cheating and other things that shouldn't be tolerated. We do need a set of rules for the game, which I will talk to marlon about. As we get more players playing the game and what not, there will be an increase in cheating among other things. I would prefer to play a game without cheating, I don't know about you.

My conclusion: As long as the afk farming problem is dealt with I see no other reason to change summoners. Since apparently some people have problems with lag concerning summoners that might be the next issue to address. Personally I think that pertains to the other problem of using too much ram, as well as us needing a dedicated server.

Out,
Reckoning
Reckoning

Postby pan song » 9. Apr 2011, 01:48

how is afk farming cheating?..
u just watch ur minion kill monsters while u don't have to click anything..
pan song

Postby Reckoning » 9. Apr 2011, 01:50

That's not what afk farming is at all. Afk farming means: You leave your computer and go do something else or go to sleep etc, while you earn exp and get drops. It means you aren't even playing the game while you receive exp etc. It is pretty much the same as macroing, just without the program. Players should have to play the game in order to level up, not be able to go away and not play the game, but still level up.
Reckoning

Postby pan song » 9. Apr 2011, 01:59

how about 3 hours limit?, after 3 hours of game play, active or not player will be log out
pan song

Postby Reckoning » 9. Apr 2011, 02:04

It shouldn't be allowed at all. It is an unfair advantage, and I believe most players don't like unfair advantages as it basically gives the player an "unfair advantage"....Afk farming shouldn't be allowed, and I intend to see to it that it is against the rules in the future. It isn't fair to players who want to play the game honestly, without relying on things like that. As I have already discussed the log out feature is a pain in the neck, especially while playing in full screen. Also if you are afk for three hours why wouldn't you just log out when you're going afk? Wouldn't make much sense. Also if you are being active and you are enjoying playing the game, and you are oh say killing a boss, I think it would tick you off a lot to suddenly be logged out. Also see above posts for an answer to the "Logout" idea.
Reckoning

Postby SeyzTLS » 9. Apr 2011, 10:49

it isnt unfair.
every char can farm afk...

i dont will tell you how that works...
but its very easy... :mrgreen:
SeyzTLS

PreviousNext

Return to "Balancing"