Not even close

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Not even close

Postby VXStorm » 10. Jun 2011, 07:57

The dmg reduction from Manashield and possibly other reduction skills do not seem to be calculated correctly. I hit Benove for 24 dmg every hit (Bash Dmg 400+)and most mana shield players. (Note that's even without the poison dmg reduction skill).

Other players (Even some with high P.def, frost shield, poison shield) are hit for 120-200 dmg.

Edited: How is the block calculated also.

Benove (benove)
Defense: +151
Health: +21
Health: +16%
Energy: +26
Energy: +78%
Cast Velocity: +90%
Block: +21%
Endurance: +2
Power: +29
Velocity: +36%
Luck: +104
Gold Chance: +84%
Damage Reflected: +6
Experience Bonus: +25%

Fire Resistance: +33
Ice Resistance: +38
Earth Resistance: +10
Poison Resistance: +6
Fire Damage: +5
Ice Damage: +4
Ice Damage: +66%
Earth Damage: +2

Block rate seems to always be around 80%. This is a full zero dmg block. Even if I use a low accuracy setup shouldn't that "Miss" and not "block". Even with a luck factor the block rate seems wrong.
VXStorm

Re: Not even close

Postby Reckoning » 12. Jun 2011, 00:43

This is how Manashield works.

At level 20 the total amount of damage taken away is 90%, 20% prevented, and 70% from the casters energy.

Frostshield reduces something like 10-15%.

Just with manashield in pvp, if you hit 400 damage you actually hit 40 damage. then with frostshield it lowers that by something like 16% so you end up hitting around 20-35 damage with a skill that hits 400 damage.

I do believe there is a cap to how much damage can be prevented something like 95%, I'm not sure what the actual numbers are, but something like that.

That's as far as I know, It could be different, however if you just look at it as just manashield, If you hit 600 damage you will only hit 60 damage instead. That's at level 20 though.
Reckoning

Postby VXStorm » 12. Jun 2011, 02:29

Without it, it's complete obliteration, with it, it's invincibility :idea:
VXStorm

Postby Reckoning » 12. Jun 2011, 03:53

You have to remember though, If you hit 165 damage on them and they have manashield up that takes 132 energy away every hit. So if they have 800 energy in approx. 6 hits, they have no power and they lose. With all of that damage reduction you are hitting 40 damage per hit, and they are losing 132 damage each time. Most mages etc only have around 200-350 Health, and around 800 power. If you attack at a speed of .35 you can drain all of their energy in roughly 2 seconds. (PvP Of course).
Reckoning

Postby VXStorm » 12. Jun 2011, 05:01

The block rate reaches up to 80%. It's not dmg reduction blocks either. It's zero dmg "block"

I run out of mana often because I can't hit enough. Many melee players use "crush" granting themself unlimited acy which shouldn't be the case either. (Unless block is superseding otherwise they always hit).

Crush giving an acy boost and stun bonus should be the reason for the skill. It's currently used to circumvent dex/acy entirely.

Most lvl 30 skills can also be obtained for any class as an additional skill. A melee character with mana leach can keep an infinite amount of mana. Even for PVE this can be a disaster.

The true block rate is also hidden. The stat shows 21% while I watch 5-8 blocks in a row often.
VXStorm

Postby Reckoning » 12. Jun 2011, 05:20

I can't say, as I don't know how the block rate is calculated. It did seem to be weird to me though, I often blocked A LOT more than 20%. blocking every 1/5 hits would be fine, however this isn't the case People block a lot more than once every five hits.

As for the adding skills thing...Anyone can use thorns or Unity etc. There are a lot of unfair builds, and things that don't seem right. The best you could do is try and balance them better so that it's more smooth.

I think that manashields duration is what makes it Over Powered. Like you said people with leach could have a perma manashield. The problem is though, when you balance something just for PVP, then PVE gets unbalanced. You would really have to have 2 separate effects, one for PVP and one for PVE.

For example:

In PVP Manashield would last 8 seconds total and have a cooldown of 30 Seconds.

While in PVE it would have a duration of 25 seconds and a cooldown of 35 seconds.
Etc.

The main problem I see with manashield is people with leach, I'm not quite sure how you would go about fixing that though, Most rampagers or melee chars rely on Leach Very heavily.
Reckoning

Postby VXStorm » 12. Jun 2011, 06:08

There is an issue with the drop ratio on 30 skills also. Lucky bash and a few others seem to be frequent. Some 30 skills are virtually impossible to obtain.
VXStorm

Return to "Balancing"