Elemental Burst Skill

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Elemental Burst Skill

Postby Cetra » 25. Mar 2011, 07:40

I could be wrong about this but I think Elemental Burst might need to be rebalanced as well. I wield some pretty good items on CetraNova for optimizing fire/ice damage at a good casting speed and leveling up is tough. Right now, she is at lvl 22 and has difficulty with many mobs due to their higher ice/fire resistances. The cooldown is a bit long and the cost is high in my opinion. After spamming (at a somewhat slow rate) ele burst, my 330 mana is depleted pretty quickly and i'm only doing around 30 or 40 dmg at most to enemies. So on average it takes about 4 or 5 casts to kill things, eating up about 70 mana just for a single target. I have tried "hearding" or "grouping" the mobs together for this nova but because of it's shorter range, I often die trying. This is because as a typical caster (and to afford it's high mana cost & low damage) I have put ever point possible into power. This leaves myself and most other casters with low health with many many many levels to go until level 30 before FINALLY getting mana shield.

This is another issue that might deserve a rebalance also. Should casters really have to wait until lvl 22 for mana shield? Rampagers and Huntresses are able to sap health back quickly with leeching ability and Shamans are able to avoid damage by having lots of minion meat shields available but elementalists only have 1 real reliable defense mechanism, mana shield. Sure there is frost shield (and poisonskin if added) for damage reduction but to keep casting speeds, mana regeneration, elemental masteries and other necessary skills up, there really aren't any available skill points to use it with. I probably wouldn't use it anyways since the duration is low and i absolutely HATE rebuffing every 30 seconds lol. Realistically though, mana shield is the only defensive skill that we look forward to having. As a mid-lvl caster, I think that it's virtually impossible to survive among the mobs in the newer areas without it (or a group of ppl to clear a path). I'm scared to even think how much mana I would have left for mana shield anyways after using it all up to cast elemental burst a few times. Anyways, these are some areas that I thought could use some improvement. I'm not sure if anyone else has played with this skill at all, but I would love to hear some feedback from someone else if they have too.
Cetra

Re: Elemental Burst Skill

Postby SeyzTLS » 25. Mar 2011, 10:18

manashield is the best defenseskill (i would say the best skill ingame) if you use the right eq.
it must be a lvl 30 skill. its like making bracing to a lvl 22-skill.
some good skills must be very hard to get.

furthermore normaly as spellcaster you dont need this insanly def in pve.
see my shaman. i have 0 minions and in pve eq 440hp (some days ago 350). i cant use poisonedskin, coz that would negate my dmg.
so all in all in pve i have no def. And Venom Breath has a very low range.
so i get hittet very often from mobs and projectiles. but it work still good in pve i think. of course a meleechar with leech or a summoner is easier to play. with spellcasters you need another tactic (hit and run).
but thats allways so. some easy chars some hard chars.

(except you use underpowered skills^^)

elemental burst.
i think that the dmg is to low, too.
its nothing for pve and nothing for pvp.
(i tried it some lvls...only 1dmg increase per lvl. worser than avalange xD)
beside that you cant use the normal spellcaster-tactic (hit and run)
you must run into the mobs and die very often.
SeyzTLS

Postby Cetra » 25. Mar 2011, 10:44

Okay well that confirms it then. I thought maybe I was the only one who felt burst was weak. Thanks for the feedback Seyz :D
Cetra

Postby Monk » 25. Mar 2011, 23:25

as i allready wrote into another thread, the range realy should increased by maybe 50% of its actual. But i disagree with the castspeed, imho its fine and can be brought up to a hardly spamable skill (even more castspeed would only also burn the mana even more^^) the dmg seems to realy be low, but at leasst ist kinda area of effect.

Btw i also disagree that you should be able to walk the new areas with a lvl 22 char, this would be too easy :D :D (some chars with massiv leech can, but thats an exception)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Cetra » 26. Mar 2011, 05:39

Oh i don't expect to walk any of the new maps with it lol. I simply realize that with it's shorter range I would need more cast speed (at a lower energy cost) or more damage. It would seem though that everyone agrees that added damage + range would be suitable enough ;)
Cetra

Postby Reckoning » 27. Mar 2011, 02:31

Yeah it should either do more damage or cost less energy or something similar. I think that most spells either do too much damage or not enough at this point. The range of spells is usually fine though.
Reckoning

Return to "Balancing"