Defense skills.

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Defense skills.

Postby Reckoning » 22. Mar 2011, 00:13

I'm not sure what else you could do to improve these skills however, I have noticed that lowering your opponents defense and similar skills doesn't actually effect them.

Skills such as.

Impact.
Cursed skin.

And other such skills, either don't effect the target or they simply don't do anything. I tried them both in PVP and PVE and my damage stays the same. I'm not sure why that is, but you would think that with 30-50% less defense your hits would be a lot harder.

Any Comments?
Reckoning

Re: Defense skills.

Postby SeyzTLS » 23. Mar 2011, 21:48

defense doesnt work as dmgreduction...
maybe that is in a lot of other games so, but not here.
defense is the opposite to accuracy.

maybe in the "char-sheet" there should be under every attribut a small information what it exactly affect.
I think a lot of other players, who played some other mmorpgs or other games before, refering "defense" with "dmgreduction", coz in nearly all games it works similar.

furthermore there missing some attris like cast/attspeed minionstuff and so on. =)
Last edited by SeyzTLS on 23. Mar 2011, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
SeyzTLS

Postby soft » 23. Mar 2011, 21:50

Well said Seyz. Didn't we talk about having a new class mainly using shields :twisted:
soft

Postby Reckoning » 23. Mar 2011, 23:40

I don't understand this, why do all of the skills have, not anywhere close to logical effects, Defense, doesn't do anything to lessen damage? That makes absolutely no sense, what else is defense supposed to do. I'm pretty sure if you were wearing a suit of armor you would take less damage............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Reckoning

Postby SeyzTLS » 24. Mar 2011, 02:14

no you are wrong.
the word "defense" have no logical connection to the word "dmg-reduction" xDD
only if the most games work like that, shouldnt mean that it is logical.
SeyzTLS

Postby Reckoning » 24. Mar 2011, 04:58

That's complete and total BS. Look up the definition of defense. If you have a good defense OBVIOUSLY you are going to take less damage.

The whole point to a defense would be dodging attacks, blocking attacks, and over all taking less damage. I know what I'm talking about.
Reckoning

Postby SeyzTLS » 24. Mar 2011, 10:05

ah ok...
if someone use defending-system like anti-aircraft missiles he get "lesser dmg" if he is beeing hittet? o.o
or if someone use a shield... you get "lesser dmg" if you dont block the hit? :|

if you never played another mmorpg before you never would refer defense with dmg-reduction. its just as illogical like its now.
wordly "defense" is only the oppsite of "offense". what it makes exactly isnt said with it.
only some defending affects...

here it doesnt reduce the dmg. I think that would crush the hole gamebalance, too. TerraeMotus with more dmgreduction than now.. xD

and i dont think that marlon will change it only coz other games make that so. (except he want to change it)
SeyzTLS

Postby Reckoning » 24. Mar 2011, 21:53

I think that it should give +1% damage reduction for every 10 points of defense. It would also depend on your level. For every 10 levels you would lose 1% damage reduction.

So if you were level 30 and had 100 Defense you would have 7% damage reduction.
Reckoning

Postby Marlon » 24. Mar 2011, 22:07

Reckoning wrote:I think that it should give +1% damage reduction for every 10 points of defense. It would also depend on your level. For every 10 levels you would lose 1% damage reduction.

So if you were level 30 and had 100 Defense you would have 7% damage reduction.

Never. Defense=Chance to not getting hit, opposite of Accuracy. Thats it.
Maybe I add another attribute one day "Damage Reduction". But not know.
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby SeyzTLS » 24. Mar 2011, 22:39

oh nice...another 15pct dmgreduction for Terrae xD ...yahh 0dmg ich komme
SeyzTLS

Return to "Balancing"