Balancing of all items (I need your help)

Do you think a certain skill is too strong/weak, a monster should be more balanced or a specific items should drop more often?
Feel free to write your opinions here.

Balancing of all items (I need your help)

Postby Marlon » 25. May 2011, 12:43

Hello folks!

You might came across that the attribute values of all equipment items (weapons, armors, artifacts, etc...) got rebalanced with the recent update.
Some items have lost possible attributes and some items have gained new ones.
All in all most of the attribute values got lowered, so that the new items are a little bit weaker now.
Also the different equipment items got more individual attributes, so that they differ more from each other like they did before.

Important to say is that the items you found before the recent update haven't lost any attribute nor got weakened.
So there are still many items in the game which are much to overpowered and cause a general imbalance (esp. on pvp).

It would be an option to delete all items, so that you find yourself nude and have to collect and craft your equipment again. I don't like that idea, because it meant much work for you to collect and craft it. Furthermore I mentioned that I don't want to delete (wipe) anything, unless it is necessarily needed and it is not preventable.
So I had the idea to implement a system which automatically reduces the attribute values of all existing items to its maximum (if to high) and increase the values to its minimum (if to low). Primary attributes of course wont be affected.
Attributes which aren't assigned to a specifix item anymore gets replaced by another random attribute.
So basically you won't loose anything, but will benefit from this conversion, as most of the items got weakened and you will keep a good one.

BUT AT THIS POINT I NEED YOUR HELP:
Please try to think fair-minded about the new balanced items and tell me what you think is to weak / or still to strong.
Is there even an attribute that should not be assigned to an item? Should a specific attribute have a greater min or max value or range?
Have you found errors or do you have another idea concerning this topic?
I will do another balancing, before I will convert all items and call it a stable status.

I would be glad if you could post me your feedback!
Thank you and cu soon! :)
http://www.forgottenelements.com
- 100% Free Online Action RPG -
Marlon
Forum Admin

Re: Balancing of all items (I need your help)

Postby Monk » 25. May 2011, 18:38

Hm my first impression: this is a solution wich gives balance with minimum damage (much ebtter then complete wipe). There is only one question left open, what happens with attributes on items, that cant be on them anymore? do they get converted to the new one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_xfO63lE4
If you enter the arena, always remember i could be there
Monk

Postby Marlon » 25. May 2011, 18:46

Monk wrote:Hm my first impression: this is a solution wich gives balance with minimum damage (much ebtter then complete wipe). There is only one question left open, what happens with attributes on items, that cant be on them anymore? do they get converted to the new one?

Attributes which aren't assigned to a specifix item anymore gets replaced by another random attribute.
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Reckoning » 25. May 2011, 19:38

Personally I think the last Re-Balance was pretty good, it seemed like the items in general are a lot more balanced I didn't see many problems at all. The only problems I see now are with some of the legendary items. Fidgety philip, is the one with the biggest problem, I have already said that it needs to be lowered so I won't go into it too much. But now nobody needs attack speed items, because they can have 110% attack by using just one item. Then you have the 30% run speed, which makes it really unbalanced in PVP. The cetras bloodstone became pretty much useless after the last update, because now on the grinders you can get +4% Life Leach, and more damage. So I think that cetras Bloodstones needs a boost.

As for the Non-Legendary items the helmets with the Percent increase to elemental damage should have something like a max of 8% damage, I really think 15% is too high. I think that other than that most everything was well thought out and balanced, I didn't see too many problems, but if I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it.
Reckoning

Postby Marlon » 25. May 2011, 20:22

Thanks for this feedback.
I just reduced velocity of fidgetphilip to 12-18%, attack speed 50-70%, Excellent Grinder may now have up to 3 % Life Steal, Cetras Bloodstone may have 4 %, and up to 6 Damage. I reduced the percentual Damage of Helmets (Winged Helmet 8-12 %).
Marlon
Forum Admin

Postby Reckoning » 26. May 2011, 22:50

I thought of something else that needs to be re-balanced. Two handed weapons need more of an advantage, such as bows being able to get 60% attack speed and up to 40 damage. Two handed staffs need more elemental damage percents as well as more power such as up to 14 power. Poleaxes need either more attack speed or more damage.

The reason for this is, why would you use 2 handed weapons when you could just use 2 one handed weapons and get more bonuses, for the most part more bonuses mean more damage. So basically the base attributes should be boosted up, as well as attack speed bonuses. No too much though or everyone will just use 2 handed weapons instead. Just enough to make them worthwhile. I do think that when you do use 2 one handed weapons you should have a LITTLE bit more of an advantage as it does cost a skill point/slot.

Edit: Since you removed most of the percents on items, I think you should raise how much the non percents gives, such as +Health, + Energy.
Reckoning

Postby NeCRoTyPHoNiXiS » 4. Jun 2011, 13:00

I just go to NeCRoTyPHoNiXiS and im very sad to see what did you do about the druide
Before Druide did 1.4k/sc Dmg with Venombreath level 20 and almost full Perfect items (the hardest skill to level up)
Now its do 250/sc

But of course Shiver do 1k x 4 Per second and you think its absolutely normal
I think his idea are good but this build too Strong against all other that's why i think his build need to be balanced druide need to be balanced and also frostpike.

Friendly,
NeCRoTyPHoNiXiS
NeCRoTyPHoNiXiS

Balancing of spells

Postby madsex » 4. Jun 2011, 18:21

Lol this is item balancing, not spell balancing. But to go off topic...
I have a suggestion about summons. I think it would be fair and reasonable if the summons walked at the speed of the hero who summoned them. This should include speed from spells, from items, and from the achievement. Because summoners can always get really fast movement speed, but their summons cant catch up to an enemy in pvp. Or you could have another minion stat called Minion Speed which will be on items and such.
madsex

Postby Reckoning » 4. Jun 2011, 23:36

Should probably stay on topic, or make another topic to deal with these things. I have already told marlon what to balance item wise, so I don't have anything left so say. If you want to talk about balancing skills please make another topic for it.

I made another topic for it.

post3067.html#p3067

My opinions are included.
Reckoning

Postby Marlon » 27. Jul 2011, 14:39

I still need your help.
Marlon
Forum Admin

Next

Return to "Balancing"